Model #: im
For Formulating Plastics, Coatings and Textiles
VERSION 10 AVAILABLE NOW
Color Matching and Formulation Software for Plastics, Paint,
Color iMatch is an intuitive, job-oriented color formula management and quality control software for the paint, plastic, textile, and building material industries. Using industry-leading multi-flux technology, it intelligently processes color data to provide optimal initial color matches and reduce wasteful formulation attempts. Color iMatch has the power to help lab managers and formulation professionals streamline complicated workflows, improve formulation efficiency, and reduce wasted time and materials.
- Increase initial match rate by up to 50% and cut correction steps in half with the industry’s smartest multi-flux engine that identifies the best candidate formulas, provides specific formulation guidance, and incorporates leftover materials to work off waste.
- Easily transition existing customer data and improve database performance by identifying opportunities to enhance the value of legacy color data using the built-in Color Assortment Editor.
- Visually evaluate achievability using the Gamut Viewer, which offers a unique target overlay to help make educated formulation decisions.
- Directionally adjust formulations to reduce process and material variations that occur between laboratory and production.
- Quickly move between jobs by applying dynamic Formulation Rules that include process, material and customer specifications.
|Measurement Conditions||Reflectance, Tranmission, Reflectance / Transmission, Over Light / Over Dark, SCI / SCE|
|Color Differences||FMCII, CIE DL*, Da*, Db*, CIE DL*, DC*, DH*, Hunter DL, Da, Db, All Attributes of CIELab, CIELch or HunterLab, CMC (l:c), CIE2000 (l:c:h)|
|Color Spaces||CIE L*a*b*, CIE L*C*h*, Hunter Lab, CIE (XYZxy)|
|Illuminants||D50, D55, D65, D75, F2, F7, F11, C, A, Horizon, TL84, Ultralume 3000|
|Observers||2 degree,10 degree|
|Standard Indices||Whiteness [ASTM E313, CIE, GANZ, Berger, Stensby, Taube, Tappi], Yellowness [ASTM E313, D1925], Opacity [Contrast Ratio, Tappi], Strength [SWL, Summed, Weighted Sum], Haze, Munsell Notation, Orange Juice, Gloss [ASTM E429, Gloss60], Grey Scale [ISO 105, Staining, Color Change], Metamerism, Color Constancy Index, APHA, Gardner Color Index, ASTM Color Index, Saybolt Color Index, AATCC TM203 Light Blocking Index, DIN55979 Blackness Index, G7 Substrate Compensation|
|Configuration Options||Basic, Professional, Management, Satellite, Online Editions|
|Databases||MS Access, MS SQL Server|
|Experience Level||Beginner to Advanced|
|Import/Export Format||CxF, QTX, JB5, MIF|
|Languages Supported||English, French, German, Spanish, Italian, Portuguese, Japanese, Chinese|
|Supported Devices||eXact, eXact Scan, eXact XP, CI4200, CI52, CI62, CI64, 962, 964, Color i5, Color i7, CE-7000A, CI7600, CI7800, SP62, SP64|
|Industry Standards||See Standard Indices|
|Ink Wells / Ink Units||No|
|Mobile Device Compatibility||No|
|Pass / Fail||Yes|
|What's Included?||Installation CD with Instructions|
|Windows||Win 7, Win 10|
|Available Disk Space||5 GB - 100 GB|
|Display Resolution||1024 x 768|
|Internet Connection||Yes, for PantoneLIVE|
|Number of Displays Supported per Workstation||1|
|Processor||Core 2 Duo, 2 G|
|Compatible Android Devices||None|
|Compatible iOS Devices||None|
- FAQ Color iControl SQL Database User Error
- Accessing iQC / iMatch extended configuration
- Bad data in iQC / iMatch with SP or 900 series instruments
- Cannot Locate the Connected Measurement Device
- Changing from Red HardLock Key
You Might Also Like
For the Most Precise Measurement
The Ci7800 benchtop is the supply chain instrument of choice, delivering ≤0.08 average dE* inter-instrument agreement and repeatability of ≤0.01 dE* to meet tight color tolerances.
For the Most Accurate and Precise Measurement
X-Rite’s most precise handheld sphere spectrophotometer, the Ci64 is available in three models offering simultaneous SPIN/SPEX, correlated gloss, and a UV option.
For Verification and Optimization of Spectrophotometer Performance
X-Rite's NetProfiler is a cloud-based blend of software and color standards that perfects and reduces variance among color measurement devices.
- Color Matching for Beginners | X-Rite Free Webinars
- Meet the new version of Color iMatch Formulation Software - Version 10 | X-Rite Free Webinar
- Color Quality Control: Problem Solve | X-Rite Webinar
- Cutting Edge Colour Matching for Paints & Plastics | X-Rite Webinar
- Introducing Color iMatch Assortment Editor | X-Rite Webinar
- Color iMatch: Quick Steps to Optimize Your Formulation Workflow | X-Rite Webinar
- Color Quality Control: Digital Standards | X-Rite
- How To Reduce Formulation Steps In Your Color Workflow | X-Rite On-Demand Webinar
- Facing the World of Cosmetics | X-Rite Webinar
News and Events
The health and safety of our customers, employees, and partners is our highest priority. Out of an abundance of caution, and in light of the ongoing Coronavirus (COVID-19) developments, X-Rite Pantone has decided not to exhibit at the AATCC 2020 International Conference.
Whether you formulate, apply, or control the color quality of coatings, X-Rite’s end-to-end solutions can help you move ahead of the competition with faster, more accurate color.